Every year, I get ready to make chili or a chowder in the cold of winter and I look in the freezer and breath a sigh of relief...I did get a few bags of corn in the freezer.
The process is easier than you might think and you will sleep well knowing that your recipe for the office Chili Cook Off will bring home the gold.
Start off with a Party Bag of fresh sweet corn from Filasky's Produce. We pick the corn fresh each morning and we will have it bagged up and ready for you. Gather your best corn huskers, or really anyone willing to help, and follow the directions below:
1. Husk the corn and remove as much silk as you can.
2. Prepare a large pot of boiling water. I prefer a crab pot for large batches.
3. When the water is boiling, drop in the husked corn for about a minute.
4. While the corn boils, prepare an ice bath.
5. Using tongs, remove the corn from the boiling water and drop in ice bath.
6. In a large bowl, using a serrated knife, slice the kernels off of the cob, getting as close to the cob as possible.
7. Spoon into quart or gallon ziplock bags and lay flat.
8. Label it and Freeze it.
9. Have a cold drink and bask in the glory of knowing you will breath that sigh of relief in the cold of winter!